Our QEEG Workshops - exploring the biomarkers 24 ssCEs
QEEG is a turning point, which finally integrates modern brain research into a new and better model of disease, disorder, symptoms and diagnosis.
The quantitative EEG will increase in significance because latest research shows that many dysfunctions such as ADHD, schizophrenia, OCD, depression, specific learning disorders and others correlate with corresponding brain wave patterns (biological markers). Neurofeedback has long been working with these biological markers and is therefore so successfully established for this very reason.
By means of quantitative EEG various states of the nervous system and thus correlations to disorders can be mapped with great precision. Brainmapping by means of quantitative EEG analysis represents a special form of imaging, which is of great assistance to neurofeedback therapy. QEEGs are also essential for the complexity in treatment of craniocerebral injury and more complex mental disorders.
The QEEG method is finding increasingly more users because it supports the biomarker hypothesis and allows for more precise information about the respective clinical picture.
- Electroencephalograph in the clinic
- EEG technology and basic understanding of normal and suspicious EEG patterns
- Recognizing and removing artifacts
- Learning the application of brainmapping software
- Locating and training clinically abnormal places in the 10/20 system
- Charakteristics of typical brain maps for depression, ADHD, anxiety, trauma, craniocerebral injury, post traumatic stress disorder, autism, Asperger's syndrome
- Introduction into operating the software NeuroGuide
- Recording the QEEGs:
- Obtaining data, editing using Neuroguide and Brain-Avatar
- Data collection (program execution)
- Normative EEG patterns based on data base comparisons
- Drug effects in relation to EEG
- Networks, hubs and correlation to symptoms with protocol selection
- Neurofeedback for learning disorders, craniocerebral injuries
- Supplementing the z score training system by indicators, contra-indicators, global or local training strategies, role of assessments, refining strategies (1 hertz frequency band analysis)
- 3-D-Loreta training and ROI training with and without z score
- Comparing z scores to symptoms with neurology
- Swingle Clinical Q
Z-score method with live z score training
Credit points for the Chamber of Psychotherapists, credit points for ergotherapists and other professional groups. CEs
What benefit does the use of QEEG have for you as therapist?
- You obtain higher hit quotas enabling more efficient training;
- EEG therapy by means of QEEG is relatively easy to learn;
- Brain maps provide a meaningful basis for protocols, appear more convincing and professional;
- More certainty in the clinical evaluation of symptoms;
- The comparison of before-after maps is an impressive visualization of the success of therapy;
- Greater acceptance by doctors and other representatives of the medical profession. QEEG is based on statistics, and these in turn are regarded as the gold standard in sciences.