BCIA Certification via the Institute for EEG Neurofeedback
for Biofeedback Certification International Alliance
Thomas Feiner is accredited for teaching to meet this high standard of international certification.
- BCIA is a non-profit organisation which has established internationally valid and recognised standards in the field of bio- and neurofeedback.
- The Biofeedback Certification is the only prgramme to be recognised by the three large international associations: The Consortium for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), the Biofeedback Foundation of Europe (BFE) and the International Society for Neurofeedback and Researchg (ISNR).
- The BCIA Biofeedback Certification is based on scientific knowledge published in cross-referenced journals. BCIA is based on professional standards and ethical principles which were developed after an extensive task analysis. These are updated by a task force comprising biofeedback experts on a regular basis. BCIA continuously gathers data about topics relevant for neurofeedback, validates and evaluates it. The tests are created with psychometric methods in order to ensure the relevance, integrity and value of our certification programme.
- BCIA demands that our graduates observe very strict ethical principles. For this reason, our graduates must complete a three-hour ethics training course if they wish to renew their certification. The strict ethical standards are one of the many reasons why the international partners have all decided in favour of the BCIA Biofeedback Certification.
- A directive committee comprising doctors, educationalists and researchers, who play a leading role in the devleopment of neurofeedback, are responsible for this. The managing board comprises directors/presidents of the three large international associations who served the development of the overall field for decades.
- The BCIA is a member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE), formerly the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA).
» Please click here for further info, dates, booking, and prices Dates/further training courses
Didactic Neurofeedback Education - 36 Hours
Candidates can meet this requirement by 1) completing a three
semester-hour university course or its equivalent, 2) completing a
BCIA accredited training program, or 3) earning thirty-six hours of
BCIA approved workshop credits. Didactic education must cover the
following BCIA Blueprint of Knowledge areas:
Required Hours 36
I Orientation to Neurofeedback 4
II Basic Neurophysiology & Neuroanatomy 4
III Instrumentation & Electronics 8
IV Research 2
V Psychopharmacological Considerations 2
VI Treatment Planning 12
VII Professional Conduct 4
Practical Neurofeedback Training - 25 contact hours with a
BCIA approved mentor to review:
10 sessions of personal neurofeedback, demonstrating self-
100 sessions of patient/client treatment
10 case conference presentations.
Human Anatomy/Physiology Course
A comprehensive course in human anatomy, physiology or human
biology, or neuroanatomy from a BCIA accredited program or a
regionally accredited academic institution fulfills this requirement
License/Credential for Independent Practice
When treating a medical or psychological disorder, you are required to
hold a current health care license in a BCIA approved health care
field, issued by the state in which you practice or agree to work under
the supervision of an appropriately credentialed health care
A three-hour objective examination covering the Blueprint areas is
required of all candidates. Examinations are offered in various
locations or by special exam using a proctor for an additional fee.
Sequence for Meeting Certification Requirements
An individual becomes a candidate for certification by submitting an
application with documentation of the educational prerequisite and
payment of a filing fee. BCIA recommends, but does not require, that
candidates complete the remaining requirements in the order:
1) anatomy/physiology course,
2) didactic neurofeedback education,
3) mentored clinical neurofeedback training, and
4) written exam.
Applications may be filed for $150, with a balance of $275 paid before
sitting for the written exam. All fees must be paid by check, money
order, or credit card in US currency. Applications are valid for two
Certification by Prior Experience
Appropriately licensed health care professionals who can demonstrate
at least 100 ce hours and 3,000 patient/client hours may apply for this
Book this course via our Partner "Stress Therapy Solutions, STS"