Start Date: Dec 2, 2023, 10:00
Finish date: Dec 3, 2023, 19:00
ISF (Infra-Slow Fluctuation) sLORETA (standardized low resolution brain electromagnetic tomography) Neurofeedback
Workshop for beginners and advanced ISF users
The ISF Advanced Workshop enables the extraordinary potential of the ISF method to be fully exploited. Mark L. Smith teaches a unique combination of sLORETA neurofeedback and ISF training in this course. ISF-Loreta expands the possibilities of training towards neural networks and Brodmann areas.
The efficacy of this method has even been proven in a randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study. The acclaimed journal “Nature” recently published this study. ISF Publications
Contents of the workshop
- Protocols and execution of training
- Case reports and experiences of the participants
- Infraslow frequencies vs. fast frequencies
- ISF with Default Mode Network, Limbic System and Salience Network
- Optimal reporting using the QEEG and sLoreta analysis
Fee: only 600 € and 50% Discount for repeaters of ISF2 Workshop.
Single channel bipolar Infraslow (ISF) Neurofeedback has been practised and taught since 2006. An advanced version of this intervention has recently been developed for 19 channels that allows for Infraslow sLORETA Neurofeedback. This development has ushered in a powerful form of training that targets behavioural networks heretofore unavailable to the ISF neurofeedback clinician.
Recent research has identified the Infraslow frequencies influence on the excitability cycle of faster frequencies. This pivotal role for the Infraslow periodicities allows the clinician to reliably influence the behaviour associated with neuronal networks by activating or quieting targeted regions of interest, including the Default Mode Network, the Limbic System, and the Salience Network.
Moreover, ISF has been associated with the Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal Axis and Autonomic Nervous System response, neuroendocrine function, and the sleep wake cycle. The centrality of this slow energy in human behaviour gives ISF sLORETA training its exceptional potential.
What can I expect from this Workshop?
This workshop will demonstrate the unique equipment, signal processing, and skill set required to perform ISF sLORETA training. This workshop will take place over two days (Part 1 & Part 2). This will allow for the didactic portion of the workshop that will include reports of recent ISF sLORETA research projects by internationally recognized researchers examining ISF sLORETA and addiction and ISF training’s impact on ANS function. The workshop length is set for clinicians to have plenty of time for hands-on experience with the software and equipment.
- Learn to manage the unique challenges to the application of 19 channel Infraslow training
- Learn to identify response patterns to ISF training that inform treatment
- Understand advanced ISF interventions application to discrete presenting problems Identify and train neural networks responsible for pathological behaviour with ISF
- Apply cross-frequency applications for discrete disorders
Who can attend
Everyone who owns a Brainmaster-Discovery System can attend the course.
Participation in ISF 1 is not required for participation in ISF 2!
Fee: only €600 and 50% Discount for repeaters of ISF2 Workshop.
Mark Llewellyn Smith, LCSW, BCN, New York
Mark Smith is a licensed clinical social worker, whose early career was established in the world of work, providing clinical services to the nurses, doctors, and staff of NYU Medical Center and Downtown Hospital in New York City. He is the owner and Clinical Director of Neurofeedback Services of New York.
In private practice since 2000, Mark is a leading developer, teacher, and clinician of neurofeedback interventions for a variety of disorders. He was the first to use Z-score training in clinical practice. As an early adopter and developer of Z-score training, he worked closely with Thomas Collura of Brainmaster Inc. and Robert Thatcher from Applied Neuroscience Inc. to develop Z-score neurofeedback interventions for a host of clinical presentations. These protocols are arguably the most frequently used interventions in Z-score training worldwide.
Infra-slow Fluctuation (ISF) training, now a primary intervention in EEG-biofeedback Therapy, was developed by Mark from his experience training the “Ultradian” rhythms: the lowest energy the brain produces. This type of neurofeedback has had a profound, positive impact on the lives of his clients, as well as, the clients of the hundreds of therapists he has taught in the last several years. For the last two years, Mark has contributed to the establishment of sLORETA training with Thomas Collura and others.
The course will be held in English. Mark Smith's ISF courses are translated from English into German by professionals with clinical background!
Please read this information carefully; it contains essential information for the successful ordering of a correct licence for you.
To use Mark Smith's software - the ISF protocol - a passkey license is required. Please order the software, specifying all the required information under the comments field on the following website.
We would like to clarify just very briefly that there are two types of ISF licences:
- Bipolar ISF licence (this is the regular licence all our ISF users have been using for years)
- ISFsLORETA licence (this is the newest licence, and has not yet been issued to any of our attendees before the year 2019. This licence is recommended for advanced users or for attendees of a ISF Advanced Workshop)
We can only issue an ISFsLORETA licence to the following:
- People who have already attended an advanced workshop in the past
- People who are registered to attend the advanced workshop (the licences will be distributed at the workshop).
When placing a licence order going forward, please provide the following information for your order so we can make sure that we are ordering the correct type of licence (Brainmaster will not issue refunds if we order an incorrect licence, so it's important we are clear upfront):
- Name of the person ordering the licence
- Serial Number of device
- Type of licence you are ordering (Bipolar licence or an advanced ISFsLORETA)
- Dates of the workshops the person has already attended (or the workshop date they are registered to attend in the future)
Providing the above information will help us determine the correct type of licence you will need.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at +49 (89) 2000 299 66 or send an e-mail to email@example.com if you have any questions.