Beginn: 14.11.2023, 08:30
Ende: 18.11.2023, 16:00
Uhrzeit: Tag 1-4: 8:30- 18:00 Uhr Tag 5: 8:30 - 16:00 Uhr
MODULE 1 - Beginner Course (40 CE)
Your first step to the Certified Neurofeedback Therapist IFEN takes you to our Module 1.
This is a 5-day beginners course comprising 40 units (CE).
Here you will be introduced to the basics of neurofeedback: e.g. History and origin of biofeedback, neurophysiology, applications as well as taking an EEG and its evaluation.
What is Neurofeedback?
- Neurofeedback (ancient Greek neuron = nerve) is a specialized biofeedback technique. It is used primarily in neuronal and psychosomatic disorders such as ADHD, epilepsy, depression, sleep disorders, anxiety, panic disorders, etc.
- For that, electrodes on the scalp measure the fluctuations of the electrical potential in the brain. These are then graphically displayed in an electroencephalogram (ancient Greek enkephalos = brain, graphein = write, abbreviated EEG).
- Sometimes certain symptoms and clinical pictures can be deduced out of abnormalities in the EEG, which usually result from an imbalance in brain activity. This is made possible through a so-called brain map.
- In a neurofeedback session, the client's EEG is used to make his or her internal processes of the brain visible, usually using different visualizations. For example, the client has to maneuver an aircraft in a video game by changing brain activity.
- If the client manages to get into the desired state during the session, thereby influencing what happens on the screen (e.g., reaching a specific target), it activates the reward center in the brain. This triggers a learning process that, in turn, leads to an improvement in brain activity.
- This "positive feedback" encourages the brain to maintain a state of maximum concentration and performance while staying relaxed. Through regular training, brain activity can eventually become balanced in the long term.
- History and origins of bio- and neurofeedback
- The biofeedback mechanism and its mode of action
- Learning theory of conditioning
- Application in the field of peripheral biofeedback
- Biofeedback via skin resistance and heart rate variability
- Stress and stress regulation – what is disturbed regulation?
- EEG basics and brain waves
- EEG as an indicator of disorders
- Biofeedback hands-on training (skin resistance, heart rate variability)
- Slow waves: delta, theta, alpha and their characteristics
- Fast waves: low beta, mid beta, high beta and gamma
- Testing, recording and assessment of treatment
- Introduction to the quantitative EEG through normative procedures
- Derivation of brain waves and the international positioning system
- What is a neurofeedback protocol?
- Basics of treating ADHD with classic and individualized protocols
- Hands-on training with SMR-Beta and Z-Scores
- Neurofeedback protocols with examples
- Practice NF training using databases and Z-Score protocols
- Simple one- to four-channel assessments of EEG
- Training with the Z-Score protocols
- Practice four-channel neurofeedback training with databases
- Evaluation of treatment outcomes
- Symptoms and features in the EEG
- Functional neuroanatomy
- Practice: Special features of the software, real-time Z-Score training and Z-Score protocols in conjunction with classic methods and biofeedback variants
- Standardized database training: individual approach - possibilities and limits
- Ethical principles and responsible use of neurofeedback
- Other practical exercises e.g. with relaxation protocols and peak performance training
- Hemoencephalography neurofeedback
- Short preliminary exam with recap
- Outlook and expansion of possibilities, e.g. Loreta neurofeedback (Low Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography)
You can download the curriculum and more information about neurofeedback here.
Earn a €300 gift certificate!
Earn a €300 gift certificate from Neurofeedback Partner GmbH by being one of the first 8 to sign up for the workshop. The gift certificate can be used for the purchase of neurofeedback devices. Neurofeedback Partner will email you the gift certificate after the workshop. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our IFEN Education Concept
Our training concept relies on tried and tested training methods based on normal-value databases supplemented by biofeedback. Every client is unique - we know how important an individualized and holistic treatment is for the therapy.
The IFEN offers numerous unique advantages for ist trainees and therapists:
- Always up to date – Science is our top priority. We base the contents of our courses exclusively on current, well-founded research and studies as well as on years of experience. We also work closely with international universities.
- Always hands-on – Practice is one of our most important cornerstones. We award the certificate only to those who gain enough experience through our practicum and supervision with a personal mentor.
- Working with people – Our instructors are not just technicians, but also therapists and physicians who care about the well-being and health of people.
- Reliable Support – Our experienced neurofeedback experts are available almost 24 hours a day, online and via phone.
- Inclusive community – No one is alone in the IFEN family. Our friendly community welcomes everyone who needs help and seeks advice.
- Versatile offer – There is something for everyone in our wide range of training opportunities. In our workshops, we are supported by international experts. Quantitative EEG is one of our most important topics.
Technical requirements for ONLINE workshop
- Stable internet connection
- Zoom: Click http://zoom.us/test and then click the blue Join button to start Zoom. When requested by your browser, click Open Zoom Meetings.
- Windows 10/11
- Second device or screen: During the workshop, use an additional device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, desktop computer) or two monitors: one for the Zoom meeting and another for the neurofeedback training. This allows you to watch the Zoom meeting on one monitor and immediately apply what you learn on the second monitor. This makes your learning experience more comfortable and successful during the hands-on portion.
- Neurofeedback equipment (recommended):
BrainMaster Atlantis or Discovery with BrainAvatar software. If you need assistance in purchasing the necessary equipment, please contact the IFEN team email@example.com. If you don't have a suitable EEG device, we can offer neurofeedback equipment for rent. There is a limited number of devices available, so please contact us as early as possible.
High screen resolution: Here's how it works - Right-click on a free space on your desktop. A context menu will open where you can click "Display Settings". If there are two monitors, the advanced display must be selected. Each monitor should be set to 1920 x 1080 with 100% scaling.
For successful completion, you will receive 40 education points according to § 125 SGB V.
Subject to change